Look out! Christmas is creeping up on us! That's why I'm joining Deb at Works in Progress in her "a Present a week {till Christmas}" challenge.
For the past two years I've taken up the Corporate Free Christmas ideal, and have made most of the gifts we give. I had expected it would take a lot of time, but I think it was quicker and much more satisfying than trudging around the shops. Although of course, it did involve a few trips to sewing shops...
However I still had the last-minute dash, even though it took place in comfort over a warm sewing machine. So this year I started in February, have several projects on the go, and completed... one so far.
That is until I joined Deb's challenge! Here's my first week's entry: a set of four Christmas coasters, made with Not So Fancy Nancy's tutorial.They're for a dear friend who is overseas.
So that's two presents completed. Erm, how many weeks do I have left, Deb?
UPDATE: I've made a secret Christmas list on another site, leave a message if you'd like the URL- if you're on the list, no peeking!
For the past two years I've taken up the Corporate Free Christmas ideal, and have made most of the gifts we give. I had expected it would take a lot of time, but I think it was quicker and much more satisfying than trudging around the shops. Although of course, it did involve a few trips to sewing shops...
However I still had the last-minute dash, even though it took place in comfort over a warm sewing machine. So this year I started in February, have several projects on the go, and completed... one so far.
That is until I joined Deb's challenge! Here's my first week's entry: a set of four Christmas coasters, made with Not So Fancy Nancy's tutorial.They're for a dear friend who is overseas.
So that's two presents completed. Erm, how many weeks do I have left, Deb?
UPDATE: I've made a secret Christmas list on another site, leave a message if you'd like the URL- if you're on the list, no peeking!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you!